Saturday, May 26, 2018

Just plain thankful

"But think-if we had no one we loved enough to mourn for, how flat, how terrible, our lives would be."-Martha Whitmore Hickman

This is so true but you won't be able to acknowledge the same until the grief and tears have started to abate.

At least that's how it was for me.

It took close to a couple of years but I can honestly say I am so thankful and grateful for the life and love I shared with T, instead of just focusing on the loss.

I've had time with both of our children recently.

My son is in graduate school and my daughter graduated from college last weekend.

It makes me even more thankful, if that's even possible.

There have been no tears for quite sometime now.

I hope the same will eventually be true for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment