Sunday, April 24, 2016

Drive-by

Had every intention of going to church today.

Got up in time to walk Dwight, eat breatfast, shave, shower and get dressed.

Left my house on time.

Arrived at church with some time to spare and while looking for parking saw a friend of mine walking toward the church hand in hand with his wife.

They didn't see me.

I rounded the corner and headed home.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm losing my mind.

I'm happy for my friend, and for all the others who have their family unit intact, but still just get so darn sad when I see happy couples.

I don't feel like this is the right mind-set to actually be able to listen and absorb a message from the Pastor.

I'll continue to work on my spirituality on my own for now.

Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to park my car and actually walk in.

Two steps forward and one back.

It's an improvement from months ago.

I keep reminding myself of that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment