Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The emotional dam leaked again

It's been over 11 months since Tori died.

I've been doing significantly better emotionally of late.

I decided to stop by and wish the teacher, who both my children had for kindergarten, congratulations on her pending retirement after a 36 year career teaching.

I basically just wanted to quickly drop off a thank-you card.

I started to tear up the second I saw her.

Dropping our kids off for kindergarten, so many years ago, was just one of so many memorable occasions for Tori and I.

Seeing the teacher, who is amazing, opened the floodgates to this memory.

I said a quick "hi and thank you," gave her a brief hug and left.

The emotions took me by surprise.

You would think I wouldn't be surprised after all this time by the intensity...but I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment