Sunday, June 5, 2016

A 180

My emotions have been all over the place for months but have never been close to a 180 degree difference over the course of a day.

Even when doing "alright," I've just been doing "OK" and not overly hopeful.

This morning, on the way home from a college reunion, I stopped by a place that Tori and I had previously visited and was overwhelmed with sadness.

It persisted for hours after I left.

But earlier this evening I had a "Clarence, please, please...I wanna live again, I wanna live again!" moment (you know...Jimmy Stewart's famous line from the classic movie "It's a Wonderful Life").

I've been feeling that way now for a few hours.

I can't explain why but I'm going with it.

Truthfully, it's the first time in over 11 months that I've felt at all hopeful about the future.

Even if the feeling wanes a bit it's nice to know it can still be there.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Natalia... from Chile. I don't know you but for some reason I got your Blog while I was surfing Internet. And for some reason I stopped to read your posts. How can I say? Life's goes on and it's really wonderful... Even if we're suffering from one of the most painful situations... And why I'm talking to you? Well... because I understand (in a certain way of course) your pain. I lost my beloved two years ago. And I really got mad because of the pain. I cried for days, months... I don't even remember the first month I lost him. But just the time and the love of people who love you make you stronger. There's always a reason to smile. And the one who left us early will be happy if we are happy. So love the people who love you to make a tribute to the one loves you too in Heaven.

    Hugs!

    PD: Sorry if my Englisg is pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hugs back at you. Greatly appreciated. Bill

    ReplyDelete