Thursday, June 9, 2016

T minus 13 days

A year ago today I was undergoing a revision on a left hip replacement that had initially been done in 1997, at age 37, due to dysplasia.

Tori, as always, was by my side.

9 days later she would collapse at home.

4 days after that she died.

I've been looking back through a journal I've kept and came across this from months ago:

"Cherish every moment and every person in your life, because you never know when it will be the last time you see someone."

I was so thankful of her being with me at the time of the surgery.

I just, obviously, had no idea that it would be the start of a 13 day countdown to losing her.

The next 13 days will be especially tough but I'll get through them.

The year of firsts will be coming to an end shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment