Thursday, June 30, 2016

Long term recipe

"Don't let loneliness drive you back into a relationship you know you don't belong in. Enter into a relationship when you're ready, not when you're lonely."-Author unknown

"Men replace and women mourn."-Author unknown

I've been able to abide by the first quote and I'm sort of offended by the second quote.

T will never be replaced.

I've never believed in "love at first sight" but I do believe in "attraction at first sight."

When T and I were first dating and would be out and about, we would often run into women that I knew.

Many times I knew them because I had dated them, once.

She would joke that I had dated every other single woman in town, once.

My explanation was that I would go on a date with someone I was attracted to and if there wasn't a connection I would remain friendly...just not go on any more dates.

Tori and I were together for almost 28 years.

I only had two other long term relationships prior-one for over 3 years and one that lasted 2 years.

All started with an attraction, became an attraction combined with a connection and then ultimately ended with love.

Attraction, connection and love.

That's my recipe for a sucessful long term relationship.

I have no clue if I will ever experience all three again.

No comments:

Post a Comment