Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Sure could use some T

Just got home from work.

My son's girlfriend of over 4 years was driving away as I pulled into the drive-way.

She had just broken up with him.

I gave Tom a hug and said I was so sorry.

She's a great young lady and I know how much he loves her.

Shortly after my daughter called to let me know her beloved trainer for the Equestrian team at college, for the last 2 years, had just announced her retirement and would be leaving in a few weeks.

After a prolonged silence I said I was so sorry.

She's a wonderful, intuitive woman and she and Ellie have a special bond.

Both children are heartbroken.

I'm heartbroken for them.

Both are resilient and of strong faith but are really hurting. We will work through things.

I pray that I'll say and do the right things to help them navigate through these life events.

I just really miss T's wisdom and physical presence next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment