Sunday, April 9, 2017

A good soul home

I know the real estate and title agents usually try to keep the buyer and the seller of a home apart during the final closing.
My part went quickly.
As I was leaving the buyer was entering.
We had sort of an awkward pause.
He then said "it's great to finally meet you."
He went on to say that he knew this was a very emotional day.
He knew we had lived in the home for over 23 years, knew both children had been born while living there and knew that T had suddenly died.
He said he and his wife knew our home was perfect the first time they walked through.
"Your home had a good spirit, it had a good soul."
He thanked me for the privilege of being able to raise his family in the same home in which I raised my family.
I got a little emotional.
I wasn't expecting this encounter.
All I could humbly say was "thank you."
We shook hands and parted ways.

Our home could have found a better new owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment