Monday, February 15, 2016

Words were always greater than things

Got through Valentines Day yesterday.

I did fine for the most part but had a recurring thought.

V-day was never about flowers or jewelry for us.

It was knowing we were confident in our relationship with each other and usually expressing it best in the form of a card with a message.

I've saved every card I received from her over the years.

Even though I know multitudes of the same store bought cards are produced it always seemed like she picked the perfect one, usually with a bit of humor, that mirrored our relationship. It was as if the card had been made just for us.

The added message was usually simple-thanking me for sharing life together.

Many are not so fortunate.

We never took it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment