Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving without T

From Joann Didion's book "The Year Of Magical Thinking: "You sit down to dinner and life as you know it ends (her husband died while they were eating dinner togther)."

In our case: We sat down to watch TV on June 18th and life as we knew it ended.

We made it through Thanksgiving day and the holiday weekend.

My kids and I had a few good talks.

I teared up briefly a few times but, in general, did pretty well emotionally.

They were also both willing to give me some feedback on some things I can do to improve.

I'm thankful for that.

I've been pretty proud of all the roles I've assumed but there's always room for improvement, especially in regards to better communication.

T was great at planning and communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment