Wednesday, November 25, 2015

There's no place like home

Both children got home yesterday, from college, for Thanksgiving.
Before they arrived I spent a fair amount of time thinking about how to act and what to say in order to appear as happy/up-beat as possible.
I didn't want them to see me sad-now over 5 months since Tori died.
I didn't spend any time thinking about how they would feel in coming home for the first time and for the first significant holiday since going back to college in August.

Both have been quiet and noticeably sad.
I should have anticipated it but didn't.
My son even expressed "hating being home."
I've had a few months alone to work through my feelings of being in our home without T.
We were able to discuss that last night.
They've been away at college and distracted.
They need time.

No comments:

Post a Comment