Sunday, August 30, 2015

My laughing buddy

A good friend recently reminded me about a quote by Coach Jim Valvano shortly before his death:

"There are three things we should all do everyday. Number one is laugh. Number two is think. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

I've  been watching a lot of Sienfeld re-runs so I've  been laughing most nights. I've definitely spent a lot of time in thought and I've had my emotions moved to tears throughout the day, everyday.  It's been something but I would not say it's been special. If the tears were due to happiness or joy I would feel a lot different.

T and I had many episodes of laughing so hard we would cry.

That was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment