Monday, August 31, 2015

It sneaks up on you

I came across a term today that at least helps to put in perspective the continued intermittent bouts of extreme sadness I experience daily-often without any warning. The term is emotionally ambushed.

It happened today when I looked into a kitchen cabinet for a pot and saw the no less than 8 cup cake pans complete with the paper cups as well as the adjacent birthday candles that I suspect she had already planned to use for my sons birthday that's in a couple of weeks from now.

My wife always made things so much fun. She was a planner. She went out of her way to make things so special for everyone. It was so evident that she so deeply cared for us all.

She always ambushed us with love and that's why I suspect I'll be ambushed with emotions for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment