Sunday, October 18, 2015

Gets to me every time

Pretty much anyone can now ask me "are you doing all right?" and I can respond "yes, thanks" and not have tears start to form...except for when my son asks me the same question.
I spent yesterday afternoon watching a college football game with him.
We had a great time, even though his school lost.
As I was dropping him off back at his apartment he asked me "the question."
He asks me the same thing every time we talk.
I would never request for him not to ask.
The tears started immediately.
I know how deeply he loved his mother and the magnitude of the loss still overwhelms me.
I also know how much he cares about me.
My daughter always makes sure I'm eating well, exercising and getting enough rest.
She tends to not ask "the question."
I know I would have the same response as when asked by my son.
I'm sure she knows as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment