Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Their thing

My daughter, who was away for her 1st year of college, and Tori literally talked everyday on the phone last year.
They had a wonderful relationship.
Sometimes, if home, I would listen in on their conversation.
Other times, T would fill me in on what they talked about when I got home from work.

I thought it would be helpful to try and continue the same daily telephone contact this year.
I was mistaken.
My daughter, in her own kind way, recently let me know I was calling her too often.
Initially it hurt my feelings, but only for a very short time.
Her relationship with my wife was one of a kind, irreplaceable.

My daughter knows I love her and would do anything for her.
Talking on the phone everyday was their thing.
I was wrong to assume it could or should become our thing as well.
We still text and/or snapchat everyday and that's a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment