Tuesday, October 20, 2015

That's life

Things I found out recently:

A neighbors wife left him and his 2 elementary school aged daughters over a year ago. She has not contacted them since. He's struggling as a single Dad.
A nurse, who I've known for years, inquired how my children were doing. She also let me know that her mother died suddenly when she was only 15 years old.
A colleague inquired how I was doing. During the course of the conversation she let me know her husband committed suicide when their daughter was only 15 months old. Her daughter is now 12.
I saw a note from a high school friend acknowledging the ten-year anniversary of his wife's death. She was 46 years old at the time when she died suddenly of a heart attack and their son was only 10. I had not known until I saw his note.

I saw a quote today:
"Most everyone you meet is fighting a battle of which you know nothing about."

It's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment