Friday, October 9, 2015

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

I went to a men's bible study group this morning for the first time.
All was going fine until we started to discuss the letters the disciple Paul had written and then someone went off on a tangent to talk about how letter writing has become a lost practice.
The group leader decided to ask "who here has actually received a hand written note recently," while looking right at me.
Of course I'm still getting a few hand written notes every week since T died.
When I answered that I have the water works started.
I then explained why I was crying while my voice was cracking but luckily I was able to compose myself in short order.
I mentioned then that, in a way, I wish the notes would stop.

I had another nice note, when the mail arrived, on a card today.
The tears started to flow while reading the kind words.
I wasn't being truthful when I said I wish the letters would stop.
I don't wish for that to happen.
Especially when I can read them in private.

No comments:

Post a Comment