Monday, October 12, 2015

The rest of my life

I went to see my Mom today.
It was a quiet ride down this morning but I decided to jam on the way home tonight.
I started the ride back listening to a "golden oldie" station.
A lot of the oldies are love songs but I started to get particularly sad while belting out the song by Bread:
"And I would give anything I own
Give up my life, my heart, my home
I would give everything I own
Just to have you back again
Just to touch you once again."

So...I switched to a Christian Rock station for the remainder of the ride.
The song that was playing as I pulled back into my neighborhood was "Day One," by Matthew West:
"It's day one of the rest of my life
It's day one of the best of my life
I'm marching on to the beat of a brand new drum
Yeah, here I come
The future has begun
Day one."

I'm hoarse but the singing helped.
Coming home tonight stung a little bit less than usual.
Poor Dwight looks pretty tired because the music made it harder for him to take his usual 3-hour nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment