Monday, September 7, 2015

The busier the better-hopefully

September has always been a month of things to remember.
Birthdays for my wife, son, and Dad and our wedding anniversary.
Tomorrow would have been T's 46th birthday.
I know it's going to be a day of wide emotional swings.
My daughter called from college today and we had a long discussion reviewing her day and her upcoming plans for the week.
Near the end of the call I mentioned "it's Mom's birthday tomorrow so give me a call if you want to talk."
She said, "I know, so I'm planning to get up at 6 am for a long work-out so I'll be tired and then between class, lab and a discussion group I'll pretty much be tied-up from about 9 am until 9 pm. I figure the busier I am the less distracted and sad I'll be...and give me a call if you want to talk."

I'll try to do the same-stay busy all day and just keep taking one step forward after another.
I do know that's what T would expect of me.
I'll still keep some tissues handy, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment